Today, we will explain about How to Solve Error Occurred in Deployment Step ‘Activate Features’. This error can appear when you try to deploy your SharePoint solution, but this message has no detailed data so it is not obvious how to solve it.
There are few things you can do to remove this error:
1. If you changed namespace or assembly name or class name in your solution, you have to check that you have the same namespace and assembly and class name in your Elements.xml file.
2. If you still have the same error after step one try restarting SharePoint Timer Service and do an IISRESET.
3. If step 2 didn’t resolve your error, check if your deployment target is set to “WebApplication”. It needs to be set to “Global AssemblyCache” instead.
- Click on you project name in your solution.
- In Properties window, set “Assembly Deployment Target” option to “GlobalAssemblyCache”.
- Close Visual Studio.
- Restart server.
After your server restarts, you should be able to deploy solution without any errors.
Best SharePoint 2013 Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com’s Best ASP.NET hosting platform on Windows 2012 and Windows 2008 is compatible with SharePoint 2013 hosting. Needless to say, you’ll be able to really feel very comfy with their hosting service. Their best and inexpensive SharePoint 2013 hosting package is starting from $9.99/mo only. And with their promo code, you will get free domain as well. Not just that, in addition they supply 30 days cash back guarantee. Their servers are 99.99% uptime, it’s important believe which you require for your SharePoint 2013 site, so your website is by no means down.
HostForLIFE.eu offer the Best, Cheap and Recommended SharePoint 2013 hosting start from €9.99/month. They can load your site against anticipated traffic and recommend the best option for you. HostForLIFE.eu is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Hosting in European Continent. Their service is ranked the highest top #1 spot in several European countries, such as: Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and many top European countries.
Get high functionality, best uptime along with the most dependable SharePoint 2013 Hosting site with them. SharePoint 2013 hosting from DiscountService.com.au provides a protected, trustworthy and performance-driven foundation for your website and apps. If you’re searching for the correct Windows ASP.NET hosting that support SharePoint 2013 hosting provider, they are the correct selection for you. They have proactive monitoring down to seconds with reactive options in spot to ensure the stability in the services they offer. All hosting servers are monitored 24/7/365. They use enterprise software to monitor their whole network infrastructure. Their very best and inexpensive SharePoint 2013 hosting price begins from $10.00 monthly.