Describes the Versioning Settings in SharePoint Office 365 and SharePoint 2013
Let’s see what it has for us.
Here we have an option for specifying whether you want to require a content approval for a submitted item. Some libraries contain sensitive information that needs to be protected. We will not always want all the documents uploaded to the library to be visible to all users. For that we have an option where, when you select this option for the library, when a user uploads a document it goes to the moderator that can review and approve the items or files before the content becomes visible to most site users. The moderators can apply a significant level of quality and security to the content in the lists and libraries.
- Keep the following number of versions: Here you can assign a number as to until what number of versions the documents should be stored for that specific item.
- Keep drafts for the following number of major versions: Here you can assign a number to limit the number of versions of draft items in the library.
Document Version HistoryHere we have an option for assigning versions to whenever our documents are uploaded and modified thereafter.
- No Versioning: Option if you don’t want versioning.
- Create Major Versions: If you select this option, the versions will be created on whole numbers, for example version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and so on.
- Create Major and minor(draft) versions: If you select this option, the versions will be created as major versions for published documents and minor versions for draft versions as 1.1 and 1.2 and so on.
Next we have an option to control the number of versions as in the following:
- Draft Item Security
Drafts versions are items that have not been approved so here you can control the view of those items in your library, in other words who should see them. So, we have options like:
- Any user who can read items: users who will have read access also.
- Only users who can edit items: users who will have contribute access.
- Only users who can approve items (and the author of the item).
- Require Check Out This option, when selected, will make it mandatory for the users to check out the item before they edit the item.
We can see how important the Versioning Settings are in SharePoint Office 365 and SharePoint 2013. I hope this article helpful for you.
Best Recommended SharePoint 2013 Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com is Perfect, suitable hosting plan for a starter in SharePoint. ASPHostPortal the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable SharePoint Hosting. ASPHostPortal proudly working to help grow the backbone of the Internet, the millions of individuals, families, micro-businesses, small business, and fledgling online businesses. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability.
HostForLIFE.eu guarantees 99.9% uptime for their professional SharePoint hosting and actually implements the guarantee in practice. HostForLIFE.eu is the service are excellent and the features of the web hosting plan are even greater than many hosting. HostForLIFE.eu offer IT professionals more advanced features and the latest technology. Relibility, Stability and Performance of servers remain and TOP priority. Even basic service plans are equipped with standard service level agreements for 99.99% uptime. Advanced options raise the bar to 99.99%. HostForLIFE.eu revolutionized hosting with Plesk Control Panel, a Web-based interface that provides customers with 24×7 access to their server and site configuration tools.
DiscountService.com.au is The Best and Cheap SharePoint Hosting. DiscountService.com.au was established to cater to an under served market in the hosting industry web hosting for customers who want excellent service. DiscountService.com.au guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability. DiscountService.com.au has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch. DiscountService.com.au is devoted to offering the best Windows hosting solution for you.